SDEA Drama Pedagogy: Essentials of Teaching and Learning Approaches (5th Intake)
This 49-hour certification course provides you with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to help you create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for your students with drama. The course is the only part-time drama pedagogical course for professionals in Singapore. It also results in a Certificate of Completion recognised by the National Arts Council that is necessary for arts instructors to conduct NAC-AEP Arts Experience programmes.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students’ curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target groups
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- The course is suitable for educators with at least 2 years of classroom experience* *Participants who do not meet this requirement will be considered on a case by case basis
To read the module synopsis and schedule in details, click on the box above labelled Course Synopsis & Schedule.
Course Fee: S$1250.00 SGD, inclusive of admin and registration fee.
To find out more about subsidies, discounts, and funding opportunities, click on the box above labelled Subsidies and Funding.
To find out more about the faculty you will be learning from, click on the box above labelled Faculty
Closing Date for Application: 19 Jan 2020, Sunday, 2359 hours (Extended deadline)
Course Venue: Goodman Arts Centre
Reflections by ETLA Alumni:
"The SDEA Drama Pedagogy course has helped me realised my strength in using stories as pedagogy. With my repertoire of stories, I now go back to them and reflect on how I can use the stories to meet different objectives in my lesson. During the course, I have also learnt about different drama conventions which I can use in class to constantly engage my students and use the create meaningful drama experiences in class."
Jeremy Leong Drama Educator and Storyteller, ETLA 4th Intake graduate Read Jeremy's reflection here
"The reason I signed up for the course was to upgrade myself. I wanted to be sure that I am teaching or giving the right lesson or workshop. I wanted to be sure that I was in line with the needs of the arts education landscape in Singapore. This course has given me the opportunity to understand my teaching method better and what are my strengths and weaknesses, and what I need to do to improve myself."
Molizah Bte Mohter Drama Educator and Performer, ETLA 4th intake graduate Read Molizah's reflection here