SDEA's Mother Tongue Language drama workshop is back by popular demand!
In these sessions, participants will learn a variety of Drama strategies particularly for the teaching and learning of the Mother Tongue language. Mother Tongue language teachers will gain an understanding of how Drama can extend and deepen language learning while increasing student engagement and achieving educational goals through these workshops.
Specially designed for Mother Tongue teachers, this hands-on workshop aims to inspire teachers to actively adapt and employ tools of Drama in their lessons.
This course aims to introduce participants to:
- Learn a variety of Drama strategies, for teaching and learning of Mother Tongue languages;
- Develop an understanding of how Drama can extend and deepen the learning in the four strands of language learning and acquisition - speaking, listening, reading and writing;
- Adapt and adopt drama tools to cater to the needs and objectives of a student or class;
- Primary School Language Teachers/Mother Tongue Language School
- Teachers keen to employ alternative strategies for the engagement of primary school students in language learning.
SDEA Members (Individual) / Non-SDEA Members (Individual) - S$80.00
Payment details will be sent via email once registration has been received and confirmed. Payment can be done individually or via requesting an e-invoice for your school. For school bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more upcoming runs or to customise a workshop for your school, please contact SDEA at email@example.com with an email subject line, ‘MT Language Workshops’
Find out about Drama for Learning in the Language Classroom's programmes and join their upcoming sessions.