SDEA's Signature Drama Pedagogy Certification Course Returns in 2023!
SDEA’s Essentials of Teaching and Learning Approaches (ETLA) is a 49-hour certification course that will provide you with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for your students and participants with drama, and widen the possibilities and opportunities for work in Singapore.
This course is recognised by the National Arts Council and will certify participants in fulfilling the pedagogy criterion for NAC-Arts Education Experience Programmes (NAC-AEP)
NAC-AEP instructors will be eligible for a 50% subsidy.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students’ curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target groups
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- Understanding of physical, psychological and emotional safety and well-being in the classroom
- Develop skills and strategies to guide students in unpacking arts and cultural experiences while encouraging critical thinking and dialogue
- Professional Qualification (minimum of a diploma in a relevant art form, and/or industry experience)
- Some Teaching Experience
- Fresh Graduates from Tertiary Drama Programmes
- Drama/Theatre-based Artists
- Drama Educators Without Pedagogy Training (e.g., Drama CCA Instructors, Drama Enrichment Instructors)
- School Teachers
For registration or more information on modules offered and more, click here!